Progress Group is seeking a Project Manager/Foreman for our Landscaping/Property Maintenance division. We are looking for a hard-working, energetic, positive individual to come join our team! This is an opportunity for an Independent Contractors as well as potential for Full Time Employment.
The primary function of the role is to work with new and existing clients to quote and design various landscape projects and ensure their profitability and high-quality execution through strong organization, training, and leadership of our landscape construction team. S/he is responsible for the efficient execution of the day-to-day tasks on site. These include tasks such as supervising a crew of 2 – 4 employees, planning daily production and working on site with the crew to keep projects on schedule
• Detail oriented and like multi-tasking
• Able to complete projects within budget and maintain a high rate of customer satisfaction
• Identify customer's needs, translating them into actionable items.
• Ensure quality control of services offered
• Able to resolve work-related problems
• Assist in scheduling and routing, as needed
• Ability to manage around tight deadlines and still get the details right
• Competent in the use of power tools
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
• Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various
• Requisition or order materials, equipment & supplies
• Advanced measurement and calculation skills
• Ability to follow safe working procedures
• Display a professional appearance and attitude and foster this in others
• Work with the crew to complete all sites safely, on time and to the given maintenance standard
• Perform and train new crew in lawn care: mow, line trim, and power edge
• Perform and train crew in garden bed care: weed, rake, cultivate water, prune
• Site cleanups: blow, debris removal, litter removal
• Maintain/repair tools or equipment
• Ensure all health & safety regulations are followed, including wearing appropriate protective equipment (PPE)
• Install soft-scape materials (i.e. soil, mulch, sod, seed, fertilizer, lime, plant material)
• Ensure an excellent customer experience through proactive communication and guarantee of
• Train staff and serve as a mentor to those looking to advance
• Work cooperatively to foster a harmonious working relationship with all co-workers
• Practical experience and knowledge in the installation of soft and hard landscapes
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license
• Industry accreditation, BC IPM Applicator’s Certification, and Level 1 First Aid
• Better-than-average computer skills
• Basic landscape maintenance skills and knowledge of horticulture principles
• Ability to read plans and perform takeoffs
• Physically demanding manual labour, in all weather conditions, for 8 hrs/day
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
COMPENSATION AND PERKS
• Competitive salary dependent on skills, experience, and relevant accreditation
• Extended Health Care Benefits for full-time employees
• 2+ years’ experience in a Landscape Installation Foreman position or
• 5+ years in a Landscape Installation Lead-Hand position
Please note: We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please reply by email to show contact info
with resume and cover letter attached and a brief write up about yourself, what you are currently doing, and your employment and career goals for the future. We thank all who apply, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential.
All applications will be kept confidential.
Or apply to this link;
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers