compensation: negotiable, depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Progress Renovations, a division of Progress Group, is looking for a Foreman/Journeyman Carpenter to plan, carry out and supervise the daily activities for our renovation and construction projects. Our business is on the Sunshine Coast and we focus mainly on residential projects.
Opportunities for Independent Contractors as well as potential for Full Time Employment
Our Requirements for a Foreman/Journeyman Carpenter:
• A team leader with great customer service, motivation and management skills
• On site management of project, materials, crew and trades people
• Scheduling and managing of your crew and labourers
• On site communication with clients and relay of information to project manager
• Familiarity with all aspects of the construction, renovation, repairs and maintenance of residential and commercial structures and properties
• Proficient in framing, finishing (trim, door & window installation), siding, formwork, demolition, etc.
• Familiar with, ability to read and interpret BC Building Code
• First aid qualified (we will pay for a course to upgrade/make current if yours is expired)
• Familiar with WorkSafe BC practices
• Able to read plans and drawings, and do materials take off (MTO)
• Must have basic hand/power tools, fully equipped company tool trailer will be provided.
• Experience operating mini-excavator and tracked loader an asset
• Valid and up to date BC driver's license required
• Pick-up truck an asset, work usage paid per Km
• Clean cut, presentable, professional demeanour
• Physically fit, able to lift 50 lbs.
• Fluent in English
• Familiar with Apple OS's, smart phones, tablets
What we offer:
• Competitive wages
• Company-paid benefits package, if an employee
• Paid vacation, if an employee
• Variety in the projects we work on
• Live and work on the Sunshine Coast!
Please reply by email to show contact info
with resume and cover letter attached and a brief write up about yourself, what you are currently doing, and your employment and career goals for the future. We thank all who apply, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
Or apply to this link;
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers