compensation: competitive salary based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Ralmax Group of Companies has an opening for a full-time Welder on an exciting project in Powell River, British Columbia. This project will take approximately 2 months with potential future employment opportunities to follow.
The welder will be assisting in the fit up of metal components and the welding out of fabricated assemblies. The welder must also have knowledge in weld sequencing and distortion control in order to produce a high quality product. The candidate will have experience in self shielded flux core arc welding of steel pipe piles and structural steel, and have a strong background in construction. Must be familiar with crane work, and have marine based experience. This position is 100% field based. All welds that are performed will be subject to third party weld inspections.
Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure. A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal alloys and their properties is essential.
• Provide routine maintenance;
• Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances;
• Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting;
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service;
• Other duties within scope of the position, as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Must hold a Journeyman’s certificate, or have Red Seal;
• Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training;
• 2 or more years experience in heavy construction is preferred
• Experience with rigging and cranes is an asset.
• Experience with mobile equipment is an asset.
• Experience with carpentry is an asset.
• Ability to supervise or manage others is an asset.
Knowledge and Skills
• C.W.B Welding Certification (current) a must in both FCAW & SMAW
• Level C or Level 2 minimum
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail;
• Ability to set goals and manage multiple projects and initiatives;
• Ability to set, commit to and meet deadlines;
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing business needs;
• Mature, professional and optimistic attitude;
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment;
• Able to work well under pressure;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
• Physical ability to lift up at least 75 lbs;
• Travel to off-site locations may be required;
• Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
• Overtime as required;
• Hazards associated with the trade;
• Work outdoors.
• Open until filled.
• We invite all interested parties to apply by emailing your cover letter and resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers