compensation: $20/hr to start which will increase after the initial 3 months. employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Nammex is seeking a Lab Technician and Analyst for our office in Roberts Creek.
Nammex is the leading provider of organic medicinal mushroom extract powders to North American nutritional supplement and nutraceutical companies. We provide organic mushroom ingredients such as reishi, chaga, cordyceps, lion’s mane, shiitake and maitake in powder form that other companies use to create their own retail products like capsules, energy bars, beverages, chocolate, supplements, etc.
We require someone to join our team of 4 in our Roberts Creek administrative office. You would be assisting with our quality control procedures. This requires the management of our testing procedures from the time a new mushroom product arrives in our external California warehouse to the time it is released for sale to our customers. This involves preparing samples for shipment to 3rd party laboratories for microbiological, heavy metals, active compound and pesticide testing. This laboratory data is collected and recorded into our data tracking systems. If it passes all of our specifications, a mushroom ingredient is released for sale.
Our knowledge of medicinal mushrooms and quality control protocols for medicinal mushrooms is why some of the top supplement and herbal product companies in North America purchase their mushroom ingredients from Nammex.
- Assist our current Quality Assurance Analyst and Laboratory Technician
- Create physical samples of mushroom powders to mail to laboratories for analysis (ie. weigh out 5 grams of mushroom powder, put it in a ziplock bag and label it with the proper identification and prep it for mailing)
- Communicating with shipping carriers and 3rd party laboratories
- Receive finished lab PDF reports and record the results into our quality tracking system
- Use lab analysis results to create Certificates of Analysis PDFs
- Organize and archive all testing data in Google Drive for use in product quality reviews
- Create ingredient samples which get mailed to new potential customers
- Performing microbiological testing on mushroom powders using petri film technology
- Performing tap density tests on mushroom powders
- Performing enzymatic test methods on mushroom powders
- Maintain a clean and well organized working space in our laboratories
- Performing documentation updates
We are looking for someone who is:
- Extremely detail driven and organized
- Willing to take responsibility for tasks and not to be afraid to ask questions
- Comfortable talking on the phone with laboratories and shipping carriers
- Can follow precise instructions
- Comfortable in a lab environment working with chemicals and reagents
- Familiar with Google Apps: Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Drive
- Can use a Mac computer
- Knowledge of medicinal mushrooms
- You have worked in a laboratory
- You have a background in chemistry, mycology, botany, microbiology, or science
We have a laid back, casual office that is open 9am - 4pm Monday - Friday.
We currently only need someone part time but could offer full time to the right candidate.
Start Date: Nov. 1 (we will begin contacting candidates in October)
Location: Roberts Creek
Hours: Part-time to Full-time for the right person
Wage: $20/hr to start which will increase after the initial 3 months.
To apply for this position, to go: http://www.nammex.com/job-apply
PS. the answer to the secret question is reishi.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers