compensation: $15 per hour employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Title ReStore Sales Associate- Summer Student
Supervisor Luanne St. Louis, ReStore Manager
Start Date June 1st, 2018
Habitat for Humanity Sunshine Coast is looking to add a new member to its team.
This is a summer student position and perfect for someone who loves people and working to help families on the Sunshine Coast!
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Works on a daily basis to ensure retail sales are maximized
• Works with Cash Register and Point of Sale to complete transactions
• Works to ensure all merchandise received is placed in the best merchandising layout in order to maximize sales and ensure the safety and cleanliness of the store
• Responsible for ensuring that all product is priced accordingly
• Ensures all materials donated are of resale quality
• Ensures there are good clear aisles free of product or any other safety hazard
• Works to keep the entire store, including the bathrooms, staff areas and outside yard is cleaned on a regular basis
• Works with the receiving team to ensure efficient receipt and repair of donations for the ReStore performance
• Must have the ability to lift heavy objects
• May be required to assist in the participation of events such as AGM and Canada Day Parade
Our new team member will
• Perform tasks outline in the description in a timely and efficient manner
• Undertake all aspects of the job descriptions willingly and enthusiastically
• Take a team perspective on collaborative projects
• Work effectively and independently
• Present a professional and personal demeanor
• Thrive in a busy environment
• Have fun alongside volunteers and other team members
Education and Experience
• Merchandising and product presentation
• Physically fit and able to lift heavy objects
• Flexibility to work Monday to Sunday
• History of working with volunteers an asset
• Ability to pass a criminal records check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong listening skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills with a pleasant manner when dealing with donors
• Ability to remain cool under pressure
• Good customer service skills
• Ability to use physical strength and muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
• Ability to work with volunteers and all other team members
This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs initiative and any potential applicant must qualify under that program.
What youth participants are eligible?
To be eligible, youth must:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*; and,
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
This position is for 30-40 hours per week at a rate of $15 per hour.
Please send your resume to show contact info
, mail it to PO Box 2356 Sechelt, BC V0N 3A0 or drop it off at the ReStore located at 5605 Sunshine Coast Highway during business hours.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers