compensation: Starting wages is $15.00 per hour. employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Eclectic General Store & Fuel Dock – Pacific Oceanfront Location
John Henry’s General Store, locally owned & operated, is part of a larger marina & resort operation perched on the Pacific Ocean in the heart of Pender Harbour on BC’s Sunshine Coast.
We're looking for a couple more retail store crew members for our Summer 2019 team. If you're only available July & August, we're extremely busy those months and would like to chat with you.
We operate a truly eclectic general store, selling dairy, meat, gifts, books, kids items, clothing, nautical guides, a marine fuel dock, a fully stocked liquor store and much more. If you’re interested in retail we offer a unique range of products to clients who arrive by car, sail, power boats, and float plane.
As a retail crew member you’re outgoing and enjoy greeting our guests. You have strong interpersonal skills which enable you to listen to customer requests and then help customers find what they’re looking for. And, you’re good at detail (it takes a lot of attention to keep a busy store functioning well each day), whether it’s working as a cashier, stocking products, or assisting in merchandising.
Our Summer season has begun and becomes much more intense in July & August, running through mid-September. If you’re interested in working in a busy, privately owned operation with a unique range of businesses look no further.
• John Henry’s cool General Store is extremely busy during the summer months. It is a true general store, with basic and specialty groceries, ice, a fully stocked liquor store, gifts, a bulk candy bar and our hugely popular ice cream bar. We’re looking for store crew members who love the satisfaction they get when they’ve been part of giving shoppers an amazing shopping in a unique general store that has been in Garden Bay since the 1940’s;
• An important part of the Store is our Marine Fuel Dock, which is extremely busy all summer. Individuals particularly suited to work on our fuel dock are those with boating experience. An ideal applicant is someone with retail experience who also has a marine background that complements the services provided through our fuel dock;
• And, if you’re interested in gaining an insight into the larger operation there are often opportunities to assist in other departments.
Want to make friendships that'll last and meet people from across Canada? If all that sounds like you, then investigate working at John Henry’s this summer. Positions are available now. The store operates 7 days a week, open at least 12 hours a day, so evenings and weekends will be part of your shift.
John Henry's Marina & Resort is located in Garden Bay, Pender Harbour. In addition to the General Store, our resort includes 4 cottages, 2 furnished luxury rental homes, 4 RV sites and a campsite, spread throughout our oceanfront property. We also have a very busy marina. Our oceanfront Café seats 40 – and the food we serve our clients is delicious.
Although we are coastal, we are not remote. You are only a 20-minute drive from the nearest grocery store/town center, a 30-minute drive to Sechelt and 1.5 hours to the Langdale ferry terminal. We’re also minutes away from endless hikes, warm fresh water lakes to swim in and, of course, the Pacific Ocean. We recommend you watch the video on the first page of our website - www.johnhenrysresortmarina.com - to get a feel for our little piece of paradise.
Here’s what our employees enjoy:
• Use of our equipment free of charge - paddle boards, kayaks, and bikes;
• Discounted price on use of our 16-foot power boat, for those who wish to explore our harbour (must have boating experience);
• Staff discounts in our general store, cafe, and resort;
• Competitive hourly wages;
• Overtime pay;
• Nearby staff accommodation charged at $10/day.
We are prepared to offer a free return flight – subject to your job performance – for staff currently based outside the Vancouver Lower Mainland who will commit for the season. Applicants must be committed for the season (starting as soon as possible and finishing in mid to late September). You must have a strong work ethic, enjoy working in a dynamic retail environment and are interested in a new experience.
Our sense of community and professionalism is strong and we are only looking for team members who will carry this attitude with them at work and after hours. Most people chose to live in staff accommodation, so it is of utmost importance that you are team orientated and respectful of yourself and others.
If you are interested in joining our AWESOME summer crew, please submit your current resume and a cover letter highlighting your skills, along with details about your availability, so we know how you can fit into our seasonal needs. First interviews are generally conducted on Skype. Be prepared to provide your references at that interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers