The Sunshine Coast Association For Community Living is looking for a scheduler
SCACL is looking for a Scheduler! Apply today to join our team!
SCACL is needing a parttime scheduler.
Hour pre week: 28 hrs a week
pay rate: $25.19
As a Scheduler you will:
• Perform a variety of scheduling and administrative support functions.
• Plan and adjust SCACL schedules in advance and allocate work assignments to staff in accordance with worksite needs, appointments.
• Respond to inquiries related to the scheduling.
• Utilize on-line systems and/or complete appropriate documentation to process employee transactions such requests for vacation, leaves of absence and terminations.
• Maintain timekeeping records for staff.
• Be part of the afterhours response team
SCACL is an organization that makes a difference in people’s lives. Our goal is to provide professional relationships, strengthen communities and make change for people we support. We invite you to be a part of the change.
SCACL serves a diverse group of people. As an equal opportunity employer, diversity, equality and inclusion are our guiding principles and how we build our teams. People of diverse backgrounds and cultures are encouraged to apply.
SCACL is continually growing and adding new program development that is responsive to the changing needs of those we serve. As the largest provider of services for people with developmental disabilities on the lower Sunshine Coast, SCACL has provided exceptional programs and service for over 60 years.
Education & Experience
• Grade 12, plus two years’ recent related experience coordinating, preparing and adjusting schedules or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Experience in Comvida Software
Knowledge & Abilities
• Ability to keyboard 6500 keystrokes per hour.
• Working knowledge of applicable collective agreements.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressures, to multi-task, and to work independently with minimal direction.
• Ability to schedule multi worksites
• Ability to take initiative, anticipate potential problems/conflicts and take appropriate action.
• Ability to establish/maintain satisfactory work relationships with staff.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Proficiency in the application of software programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Demonstrated skill in respectful, diplomatic and tactful communication
• Demonstrated ability to remain calm when communicating in difficult situations.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
WHY JOIN SCACL?
SCACL is the largest service provider on the Sunshine Coast delivering support to adults with developmental disabilities.
Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
• Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Wellness supports, including counselling, wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
• Recognition programs to honour staff
• Flexible works schedulable
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.