**!! Foreperson / Lead Carpenter !!** (Roberts Creek)
compensation: negotiable based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Progress Group is growing and hiring!
Progress Group is looking for a Foreperson / Lead Carpenter to plan, carry out and supervise the daily activities for our construction and renovation projects.
Do not apply unless you have relevant experience, are organized, detailed oriented, and a team player. If you are highly skilled you will thrive and have an opportunity for growth within the company. You should enjoy working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. You must have your own basic tools and transportation to work on the Sunshine Coast.
What you’ll get in return :
This is an opportunity to join an innovative team where work is challenging and rewarding. Teamwork and a desire to exceed client expectations are essential. You will be well compensated with a competitive wage, extended health and dental benefits.
Our Requirements :
- Red Seal or equivalent experienced Carpenter
- A team leader with great communication, customer service, and team management skills
- On site management of projects, materials, crew and trades people
- On site communication with clients and relay of information to Construction Manager
- Familiarity with all aspects of the construction, renovation, repairs and maintenance of residential and commercial structures and properties
- Ability to read and interpret local and BC Building Code
- Familiar with WorkSafe BC regulations
- Able to read plans and drawings, and do materials take off (MTO)
- Must have basic hand/power tools
- Valid and up to date BC driver’s license required
- Pick-up truck an asset, work usage paid per Km
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Fluent in English
- Familiar with Apple OS's, smart phones, tablets an asset.
What we offer :
- Competitive wages
- Full time, year round work
- Extended benefits package available
- Vacation Pay
- Variety in the projects we work on
- Professional, drama free work environment
- Opportunity for advancement
- Live and work on the Sunshine Coast!
Please apply with resume and cover letter with a brief write up about yourself and your interests, what you are currently doing, and your employment, career and personal goals for the future.
All applications will be kept confidential.
Covid-19 has created a new challenge and we are doing our very best to create a safe place to continue providing Construction and Renovation services to our clients. A list of our health & safety Covid measures can be provided to all qualified candidates.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers